- "Issues in Teaching Electronic Citation and Style" by Caroline Nobile Gryta, PhD, and Jack Widner, MLS, Edinboro U of Pennsylvania.
- "The Electronic Library and the Online Classroom: A Technical, Legal, Ethical, and Moral Perspective" by Ritchie R. Latimore, MBA, Kent State U-Geauga (Burton, OH).
- "Harvesting Information from the Internet Using Search Engines" by Richard Einer Peterson, PhD, U of Hawaii-Manoa.
- "Overview of Internet Use in Education in the Argentine Republic"w by Ulises J. P. Cejas, Electrical Engineering, Universidad Tecnologica Nacional; and Bernardo H. Banega, Grupo Buck de Argentina
INTERNET ACROSS THE DISCIPLINES
- "Teaching Difficult Content on the Internet" by Susan Kincaid, MEd, Western Washington U (Bellingham, WA).
- "Creating a Powerful Online Course through the Use of Multiple Instructional Strategies" by Tina Joy Pitt, EdD, Real Education, Inc. U of Colorado-Denver; and Anne Clark, MA, U of Colorado-Denver.
- "Using a Web Site to Facilitate the Learning Process: A College Professor's Experience" by Denis Gravelle, BA, Fanshawe College (London, Ontario, Canada).
- "A Web-based Core Math Course: Reinventing the Curriculum" Kristina Pfaff-Harris, MA, U of Nevada (Reno, NV).
- "International Intercultural Communication through Keypals" by Armeda C. Reitzel, PhD, Humboldt State U (Arcata, CA).
- "Successes and Lessons Learned in an Online Course on Socioemotional Development" by Cosby Steele Rogers, PhD, Virginia Polytechnic Inst. and State U (Blacksburg, VA); and Peter Laws, Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, V
- "An Experiential Analysis of the Effectiveness of Using CMC Nominal Groups To Support Individual Projects" by Thomas G. Thompson, MS, U of Maryland University College (College Park, MD).
- "Online Strategies for the Physical Education Classroom" by Ron Morgan, MA, Tarrant County Junior College-Northwest (Fort Worth, TX).
PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS
- "Cyberstress: Asynchronous Anxiety or Worried in Cyberspace--I Wonder If My Teacher Got My Email" by Mary Lou Crouch, George Mason U (Fairfax, VA) and Virginia Montecino, George Mason U (Fairfax, VA).
- "Debating Access: Electronic Pornography, Academic Freedom, and the Distributed Classroom" by Kurt Neumann, William Rainey Harper College (Palatine, IL).
- "Evolving Policy and Rules for Internet Instruction" by Jack Loughary, PhD, Walden U; James A. Pearson, JD, attorney in private practice (Eugene, OR); and Theresa M. Ripley, PhD, Walden U.
- "Equity Issues in Online Instruction" by Mike Menchaca, MA, California State U-Sacramento.
- "Online Learning Communities" by Marcy Bauman, U of Michigan-Dearborn.
- "Creating an Online Learning Environment That Fosters Information Literacy, Autonomous Learning and Leadership" by Leon James, PhD, U of Hawaii-Manoa.
- "Constructing Communities via the Web" by Alan I. Rea, Jr., ABD, Bowling Green State U (Bowling Green, OH).
- "Goodbye to the Student as Spectator" by Don Bass, EdD, College of the Mainland (Texas City, TX).
- "Power at Play in the Computer Classroom" by Beth Ervin, MA, San Francisco State U; and Patty Baldwin, MA, City College of San Francisco.
- "De-Centering the Classroom through Online Technologies: The Creation of Cybercity, a Case Study" by Pat Tyrer, MA, Texas Tech U (Lubbock, TX).
- "Collaboration = Community (in Online Courses)" by A. Nadine Burke, MAT, Delta College (University Center, MI).
- "Benefits of Collaboration Software for On-Site Classes" by W. R. (Bill) Klemm, DVM, PhD, Texas A&M U (College Station, TX).
- "Me, Myself and ... You? Collaborative Learning: Why Bother?" by Daniel Larocque, EdM, MA, Interaction Network Inc.; Nathalie Faucon, MEd, NCF Consulting Inc. (Toronto, Ontario).
EVALUATING ONLINE INSTRUCTION
- "Assessing the Effectiveness of a Computer-Enhanced Classroom" by Daniel D. McLean, PhD, Russell E. Brayley, PhD, and Gail Rathbun, MA, Indiana U (Bloomington).
- "Quantitative Analysis of Email in Required and Elective Assignments" by Paul Clark, MS, Albuquerque TVI CC (Albuquerque, NM).
- "Expectations of Internet Education: Casper College's Experience" by Gerald "Jerry" E. Nelson, PhD, Casper College (Casper, WY).
- "Evaluating Evaluation: Online Instruction of EFL/ESL" by Kojiro Asao, MA, Tokai U (Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan).
- "Getting Post-Graduate TESOL Students and Staff to the Starting (On-)Line" by Martyn Brogan, MA, Deakin U (Victoria, Australia).
- "Use of the World Wide Web for Independent Reading in ESL" by Janet Willett, MA, City College of San Francisco.
- "Prompts for Synchronous Communication: Writing Prompts that Promote Discussion" by Janice Cook, MA, U of Hawaii-Kapiolani CC (Honolulu, HI).
- "Actualizing the Environment: A Study of Student MOO Activity" by Joel A. English, MA, Ball State U (Muncie, IN).
- "From Dungeons to Degrees" by William J. "Bill" Gibbons, ABD, Syracuse U (Syracuse, NY).
- "Seven Pedagogical Principles for Effective Educational MOOing" by Andrew Harnack, PhD, Eastern Kentucky U (Richmond, KY), and Cindy Tallis, Diversity U (Tucson, AZ).
- "Towards MOO Programming Guidelines for Writing Teachers: Modeling a Synchronous Learning Environment" by James A. Inman, MA, Valdosta State U (Valdosta, Georgia).
INTERNET AND WRITING
- "The Emerging Paradigm: Complexity Theory, Composition, and the Networked Writing Classroom" by Amanda Inskip Corcoran, MA, America River College (Sacramento, CA).
- "Cloning, Creating or Merely Mutating? Translating Traditional Teaching for Electronic Learning" by Robert Fulkerth, EdD, Golden Gate U (San Francisco, CA).
- "Growing a Culture: Analyzing Computer Communication in the Academy through Genre" by Mark Haas, DA, Dakota State U (Madison, SD).
- "An Online Discussion on the Effectiveness of Computer Classrooms" by Susan Halter, Delgado CC (New Orleans, LA).
- "Tutors and Technology: Close Encounters of the Tutorial Kind" by Diane Howard and Donna N. Sewell, Valdosta State U (Valdosta, GA).
- "Establishing Community in a Virtual Classroom" by Judith Killion, BA, Western Wyoming College (Rock Springs, W
- "Understanding Online Invention in the Electronic Writing Classroom" by Richard Allen Miller, MA, Bowling Green State U (Bowling Green, OH).
- "CAI: Creating Authentic Literacy Tasks in a Social Context" by Ingrid Schreck, MA, San Francisco State U.
- "Zen and the Art of Online Teaching: Reflections of a Technologically Challenged Writing Instructor" by Ilene Rubenstein, MA, California State U-Northridge.
- "From BBS to the Web: Perks and Problems" by George J. Wilkerson, PhD, Austin CC-Northridge (Austin, TX).
- "Learning to Write (and Teach Writing) via the Web: A First and Ongoing Experiment" by John Wong, MA, MEd, City U of Hong Kong (Kowloon, Hong Kong).
FACILITATING ONLINE INSTRUCTION
- "Milking the MOO COW: Combining Interim Technologies for Learning in Cyberspace" by Rob Higgins, PhD, Gymnasia Virtuales (Barrie, Ontario).
- "Using Funding to Develop Distance Training for Employees in Small Companies (SMEs) -- A European Dimension" by Roy Jones, PhD, St. Helens College (St. Helens, Merseyside, England).
- "Why Train Teachers to Teach Online?" by Lois S. Levine-Elman, MS, Potentialities (Swarthmore, PA).
- "Ways of Learning on the World Wide Web" by Robert Parson, MEd, U of Toronto (Ontario, Canada).
- "Opening the Door with E-Mail: From No Tech to Low Tech" by Carla R. Payne, PhD, Norwich U (Montpelier, VT).
- "Rhetorical Sensitivity: A Key Concept for Creating Successful Online Instruction" by Bruce Brumley, MA; Daniel D. Gross, PhD; and Barbara Walkosz, PhD, Montana State U-Billings.
- "Implementing Nonverbal Cues in CMC Environments: A Workshop" by Bernd Wiest, Didaktik der Arbeitslehre (Germany).
PLANNING FOR ONLINE INSTRUCTION
- "Cyber-Hype: A Critique of Online Instruction" by Shayne Cook, MS; Daniel D. Gross, PhD; and Barbara Walkosz, PhD, Montana State U-Billings.
- "Weaving a Syllaweb: Considerations before Constructing an Online Syllabus" by Joyce P. Johnston, MA, George Mason U (Fairfax, VA).
- "Interweaving Face-to-Face Student Contact with an Online Class Presentation Format" by Jan-Michelle Sawyer, MA, and Mimi Will, MA, U of Hawaii-Manoa.
- "Bookworms and Cyberheads: Does Online Instruction Reach All Students?" by Russell E. Brayley, PhD, and Daniel McLean, PhD, Indiana U (Bloomington).
- "Developing an Intranet for Staff Development and Communication" by Lauri Elliott, MA, and Nelson Martinez, BS, Siena Heights College (Ann Arbor, MI).
INTERNET AND DISTANCE EDUCATION
- "Traveling the Winter Roads of CMC: A College Course for Isolated Learners via Computer BBS" by Margaret Fiddler, EdD candidate, U of Toronto (Ontario, Canada).
- "On-line Teaching: Basic Issues at the University of the South Pacific" by Richard Wah, U of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia.
"Cyber-Hype: A Critique of Online Instruction" by Barbara Walkosz, Daniel D. Gross and Shayne Cook
Montana State University-Billings.
- "Ways of Learning on the World Wide Web"by Robert Parson, M.Ed., Ontario Institute for Studies in Education/University of Toronto
Dept. of Curriculum, Computer Applications.
- "Implementing Non-Verbal Cues in CMC-Environments" Bernd Wiest Didaktik der Arbeitslehre (Germany)
- "From BBS to the Web: Perks and Problems" byGeorge Wilkerson Austin CC-Northridge, TX.
- “Use of the World Wide Web for Independent Reading in ESL” by Janet Willett City College of San Francisco.
- "Learning to Write (and Teach Writing0 VIA the Web: A First and Ongoing Experiment” by John Wong City U of Hong Kong.
- "Development of an Electronic Chalkboard System through Parallel Programming” by Takayuki Hirahara, Dr. Hiroyuki Anzai, Department of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Kyushu Kyoritsu University Dr. Takashi Yamanoue Information Science Center Kyushu Institute of Technology Takashi Sawada and Masahito Yamane.
TCC Online Conferences
Kapi`olani Community College
University of Hawai`i